- To be always right?
- To constantly compare self with others?
- To repeat the same action even when the desired results are not achieved?
- Believing the naysayers who dampen your spirit and your goals?
- Believing you must be perfect in all you do?
- To be afraid to fail, so you don’t try?
- To be afraid to be wrong?
- To be afraid of change?
- To be afraid to ask questions?
My definition of success is simply setting and achieving goals despite obstacles in my path. I use my hammers as motivational tools to realize my dreams.
So grab hold of your hammers and keep pounding. Strike from a place of confidence and control. Good luck and be kind to yourself in the process.
Parents and teachers, please help your young people recognize and take control of their hammers. Claim success. Be on the lookout for my book, Fifteen Insider Secrets to career success for teachers.